Working as partners with parents and the community, the faculty and staff of Patuxent High School will help students acquire the essential life skills and core knowledge necessary to succeed in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex, technology-driven society.
Patuxent High School Staff and Community Will:
- provide a safe and orderly environment for student achievement and personal development where students develop as responsible citizens who exhibit respect for all members of our pluralistic society.
- promote wellness and develop the basic communication/computation skills required for students to demonstrate high standards of performance and achievement.
- extend and enrich a core knowledge within curricular and extra-curricular activities that promote student achievement in a wide variety of technical, occupational, creative, athletic and aesthetic interests.
- promote academic excellence with high standards for all students and deliver instruction which recognizes and incorporates higher level thinking skills in all aspects of learning so students develop the skills for lifetime learning.
- encourage active parent and community involvement in school-based decision making to ensure active participation and support in achieving school goals