The mission of the Patuxent High School PTSA is in accordance with that of both the National PTSA and the Maryland PTSA. It is:
To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their chilren.
To encourage parent and public involvment in the public schools of this nation.
The purpose of the Patuxent High School PTSA are also in accordance with those of both the National PTA and Maryland PTA. They are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of hope life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To Bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.